My net is down and I can’t play XIV so I guess I should start writing these short drabbles out lol
Sometimes I try drawing things and then cry because I can’t draw for shit atm
These are drabbles based on things I wanted to draw
19-20 at the start of ARR, about 23 or 24 in Heavensward
Place of birth:
Somewhere in Orthard?? He grew up playing with kids from the Kha tribe
The only child of merchant parents, Ailbe had little in the form of entertainment while they were selling their wares, so he’d go out exploring the surrounding area for the sake of killing the boredom. When they started frequenting auri lands and trading with the Kha tribe he met Oktai, who very quickly became a steadfast friend of his.
Around the age of 8, Ailbe and his parents moved to Eorzea, where they set up permanent shop in Limsa Lominsa. Unfortunately the Calamity happened a few years later, robbing him of the only family he had in these still strange lands. It was then that he met Rhel’wo Maimhov, a miqo’te with a rather grumpy disposition, who would later become his mentor in the Rogue’s Guild and a father/uncle figure that he looks up to.
Due to a hairy incident that happened with a group of pirates several years after the beginning of their partnership they part ways; Rhel’wo flees to Ul’dah where he meets Dusty Rose while Ailbe goes to Gridania after finding out he’s got a knack for the conjuring arts (its also where he meets Rhel’wo’s dad, Rhela’to). Its not until his foray into Sastasha that he meets Rhel’wo again.
Despite all that he’s been through, Ailbe is a humble, down-to-earth person who wants to open up a cafe in La Noscea and cook for his friends.
- while Ailbe speaks relatively normally, the lominsan accent he picked up from his time in the rogue’s guild shows itself when he’s angry
- he loves to gather cooking ingredients when he goes out doing his routine exploring
- he has pyrophobia. An result of something that happened during the calamity. Not as bad as he used to be when it initially happened but being near fire makes him pretty uneasy
- he used to be mistaken for a daughter instead of a son when he was younger, its also part of the reason why he beefed up and grew a beard.
- the scar he has on his lip is the result of rough play with his auri friend Oktai. Oktai still feels bad about it to this day, over a decade later
- he doesn’t actually need glasses to see, he just thinks they look cool
He worked as a manservant for House Fortemps along with most of his family to make ends meet. He meets Rhel’wo and the rest of the gang when they reach Ishgard and decides to quit his job to join them on their adventures. While he may seem like a
massive crybaby big softy at first, he is fiercely loyal to his friends and loved ones and will put his life on the line for them if the situation calls for it.
- he has a crooked nose bridge after running headfirst into a bookshelf in the Fortemps manor and breaking it
- he is a big crybaby who tears up at almost anything.
- Eriq isnt actually blind, he only wears glasses to hide his crooked nose
- he loves fish-based dishes
- he has a strange fascination with ears and has a bad habit of massaging people’s ears. Especially likes Rhel’wo’s because of how soft and fluffy they feel to him (because of the fur)
Rhel’wo Maimhov (his other name is Kiht’a Polaali)
29 at the start of ARR, 31-32 in Heavensward
Miqo’te, Keeper of the Moon
Place of birth:
His mother dying giving birth to him, Rhel’wo was adopted by his aunt as one of her own sons. At the tender age of 15, he ran away from home, disgusted by the idea of being locked in his own village to father and raise young for the rest of his life.
Although he swore himself off of ever having/raising kids, he ends up taking Ailbe under his wing over a decade later after the Calamity and while he won’t admit it, he considers Ailbe like a son despite the small age gap between the two.
The miqo’te’s indifferent/grumpy disposition tends to give most people the wrong idea when in reality he just doesn’t see the use of wasting energy on pointless gestures and small talk. Rhel’wo deeply cares for his friends and would do whatever it takes to keep them safe– nothing short losing a limb will stop him.
Sadly enough, that is how he gets put out of commission. He ends up losing use of his left leg because of a debilitating injury he gets when he storms the Vault with Ailbe, Dusty and Oktai.
- While he’s not a fan of socializing and prefers to be alone, he’s fond of busy places (like the Adventurer’s Guilds or taverns) and hates the thought of being truly alone/isolated.
- Rhel’wo has a fondness for books and tends to have at least one on his person at all times. Don’t be surprised if you see him sitting somewhere completely enamored in a book he’s holding.
- he is longsighted and needs glasses
- he has a borderline fear of women; especially those of the miqo’te variety. Dusty is one of the rare exceptions; since when he first met her he didn’t initially see her as a “woman” because of how tall and muscular she was compared to him (much to Dusty’s dismay)
- his cooking skills leave a lot to be desired and most of his attempts to make something usually end in failure. Try as he might to improve his abysmal skills, it never works.
- He has a slight lisp, which both Eriq and Ailbe tease him about